Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kickstarter/ job interview/ goal

This is from my www.badcb.blogspot.com.  It's relevant to this blog.


May 8 Kickstarter: Roxanne McAnn sent me this article called "8 Tips for Raising Money Through Kickstarter."  I have never heard of this company until today. 

 http://www.businessinsurance.org/8-tips-for-raising-money-through-kickstarter/

It's a "funding platform for creative projects" like making a film.  I went to the Film and Video part and there was a trailer/ interview for the movie Future Weather.  It's about "A Midwestern teen is abandoned by her single mom and decides to take survival into her own hands."

They interviewed the female writer, director, and actors about it.   It looked good.

On the site it says this:

"If the project succeeds
in reaching its funding goal all backers’ credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short no one is charged."

http://www.kickstarter.com/

TV production company: Today I talked to a producer/ director who gave me a lot of tips.

May 10 Job interview:

TV production company:
Today I did a job interview at a TV production company.  It was a nice office.  The interview was okay.  I showed up on time.  I asked questions.  It was interesting because he didn't exactly put a job ad out, I just emailed the company.  It's good that we met and he knows me.  He kept my resume on file.

He told me what he was looking for and what the duties are.  I told him what I was looking for.  I did show I researched the company before I went there because when he asked what I knew about them, I listed some info.

Friends: I was talking to my friend Angela on the phone tonight.  We were talking about me applying to work at TV production companies.) 

Me: So what do you think of my new direction?
Angela: I was thinking why didn't you go into it earlier?
Me: When I graduated out of college in 2008, I was trying to get my script produced.  I put 2008-2009 of constantly pitching my script.  I did apply to work at a couple of TV production companies, but I was mainly trying to get it produced.  I was also looking for an office assistant job.  I thought an office job would be easier to get.  Well which is easier?  Getting an office assistant job or getting your script produced?

Angela: An office assistant job because there are more available.  It's about supply and demand.

Script pitch: I've been asking production companies what they're looking for, and some have emailed me back.  I then pitched my Rain script to them.

May 12 Goal: I've been thinking more about Angela's question: "Why didn't you go into it earlier?"  My dream was to write for TV.  That was my dream since I was 14 yrs old.  Then I was 22, when I finally graduated out of high school and got my Professional Writing diploma, I was anxious to start pitching my script.

My dream isn't to work for a TV production company, my dream is to get my TV script produced.  I was also thinking "Focus on tasks that bring the most results."  I was working full-time at the Soup place.  On my free time I was looking for an office job, but I was mainly trying to get The Vertex Fighter script produced.

Last week, I did talk to someone where I can volunteer on a TV set to get experience.  However, when I got the email later, I had plans to go out with dinner with my family that night.  I called to tell the TV set I couldn't make it.

I did do a job interview at TV production company back in 2008.  Does anyone remember that email?  Probably not.  I did apply to another one, I think last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment